Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Percy Jackson Predicting

Author’s Note: This is my predicting piece on what I thought would happen in the rest of the book. I’m about halfway through, and I needed a predicting for my goals.

Predicting happens in every story. What is going to happen next or is there a reason a certain thing happened is a common thought that I have every story I read. In the book The Lightning Thief, Percy Jackson is sent away to a summer camp for Half Bloods or demi-gods. The headmasters at the camp send Percy out for a mission to find Zeus’ stolen lighting bolt. Predicting a story is anything your mind comes up with, and it’s really just an opinion.

Predicting is just an opinion, and my opinion is a little weird. I think that Percy Jackson, Annabeth, and Grover, will have encounters with many monsters on the quest for this stolen lightning bolt. They kept seeing suspicious stuff, like three old ladies, twins, that seemed like they were watching them. It turns out it was a monster, and Percy and his friends had to fight these three monsters. They won and killed all three, but I think they won’t be off the hook. This journey will not be easy, and they will meet up with plenty of monsters on the way, not to mention the ones when they get there.

The trip won’t be easy, and they will have to get through a lot of monsters to get there, but I think they will get the lightning bolt back to Zeus, and he will then have to apologize to Percy’s dad, or Poseidon, for calling him a thief. I think Percy will find the lightning bolt in the underworld, where Hades, the brother of Zeus and Poseidon, and Percy will have to kill all of the monsters to get to the lightning bolt. It would be a waste of time to fight Hades, since he can never die. With hard work from Percy and Annabeth, and Grover watching their back, I have no doubt in my mind that they will get the bolt returned, I don’t know if it will be in time for the summer solstice in ten days.

They will get the lightning bolt, but I don’t think they will all stay alive at the end. I think Grover is too weak, and as he says in the story, “You know…. satyrs in the under world…don’t turn out well.” Grover won’t survive, but he will still be a huge part in them completing this quest. His job is relying on Percy surviving, and I think he will go all out to keep him alive, and will worry less about himself, leaving him vulnerable with almost no protection, besides the other two. In my mind, sadly, Grover doesn’t stand a chance in the underworld. Percy will be grateful for finishing the mission, and be a hero at camp, but will have lost his best friend, Grover.

Predicting isn’t something that has a limit. It’s your own opinion, it’s whatever you want it to be. It could be the wildest thing, but if you believe it, it can be a prediction. I thought that Percy would encounter gods, kill them all, and complete the mission, but also lose his best friend Grover. In life, some of the greatest things can involve some of the greatest tragedies. There is no limit to imagination, and there is no limit to predicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment