Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Tiger's Perspective

Author's Note: This is a point of view piece, a short response, from the story The Life of Pi. This is from the tiger's point of view, who is stranded on the boat with him. 

Sitting on the boat, I see the boy throw the fish over the edge of the boat near my body. While gnawing on a piece of hyena, I grab the fish, and start to down that as well.  The boy then jumps back onto the boat, looking at me suspiciously. I start to stare into his eyes, watching him backing down. I get the feeling that he is scared of me, but I am just as scared of him than he is of me. I go back to devouring the juicy fish he has layed in front of me, and enjoy every last bit. The boy starts heading back towards me, and he pulls out something from his pocket. It looks small, with a string hanging down, but then he brings the object towards his mouth and blows. The screeching noise hurts my ears and I start to feel a little woozy. I start to stumble back a little bit as I topple down on to my stomach. I drift to sleep for the night, and I see a glowing, green island straight ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment